USM, a leading supplier of mobility equipment such as lift chairs, stair lifts, and vertical platform lifts, is strongly invested in engaging the public via social media. Our goal is to provide positive user experiences to our visitors and followers via social media platforms, and we strive to always do so in a manner which is respectful and responsible.
Social platforms provide a way to collaborate and share information quickly and easily, with friends and family. We do not discourage our employees from using social media in their personal lives, and only believe that social media can be used to strengthen our overall brand. For all intents and purposes we consider Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, WordPress, and Blogger social media outlets that we encourage our employees to use on an everyday basis.
- Post meaningful, respectful comments. No blatant spam or promotion of any type.
- Reply to comments quickly, when a response is appropriate. Remember, time is of the essence on the web.
- When disagreeing with others’ comments, always keep a calm composure and do not feed their fire.
- Do not share confidential information about USM, our business partners, or fellow employees.
- Be transparent. Your honesty, or dishonesty, will be quickly noticed in the social media environment. Always identify yourself.
- Be judicious. Make sure that you are not sharing confidential information concerning USM or any of our business partners.
- Write what you know. Ensure that you write and post about your area of expertise. If you are unfamiliar with a subject matter, do the research before commenting.
- Perception is reality. Remember that each time you write an article or post that you are creating perceptions about USM and our business partners.
- It's a conversation. Talk to readers like you would talk to real people in professional situations. Do not be afraid to bring in your own personality and say what is on your mind.
- Add Content. Content is king and there is no shortage of it on the web. The only way to make content stand out is to write about topics that people will value.
- Be a leader. There is a fine line between healthy debate and incendiary reaction. Do not denigrate our competitors or other commenters. Be careful and considerate, when dealing with others.
- Take Responsibility. If you make a mistake, admit it. Be upfront and be quick with your correction.
- Press pause. If you are about to publish something that makes you even the slightest bit uncomfortable, then don't. Take a break and come back to it later.
Purpose & Procedures
As a part of an online Marketing Team, you will be encouraged to participate and contribute to a variety of social networks. When participating in online conversations, our staff must always remember that they represent USM and act accordingly, using the following basic guidelines.
- Helpful tips when using social media